28 March 2012

|| Randomness Of Late ||

Photobucket

It's been a while since I have written a little update of our life and my thoughts, it's about time.

\\Ps. remember my 'married in switzy' blog? I just can't get my brain to figure out how to keep both blogs going. I just would rather update life here on this blog. It kinda makes me sad though, oh well.
\\We have been eating lots and lots of fresh strawberries. I am very happy about that. Most of the strawberries are huge. I think they are from Spain.
\\You may remember the struggle and the efforts to keep my spirits up I faced often at the beginning of living here in Switzerland...I have been feeling a lot better the last couple months. I don't go through so many emotional lows as I did before and I feel much more at peace about everything that was making me feel not at peace. I don't know if this is due to my being off that birth control I had been using, or whether it's because I am happier about the weather and where we live now and being able to control my environment more. But whatever the reason, I hope I can continue this positivity and be depressed free for many more days.
\\I have acquired much wonderful new music lately and I am in love with it. Other albums that I am really happy with that are not on that blog post is the newest Laura Marling, Little Scream, Ane Brun, Sarah Blasko's newest, and Sia's We Are Born album. And I am REALLLY happy to have this song now.
\\My laptop likes to restart itself on me while it's in use. Not my favorite. I don't know what I would do if this macbook pro of mine died.
\\I ate homemade banana bread last night and this morning. BIG DEAL. I have been craving some for a loooong time. No, I didn't make it. Our dinner guests last night brought us some.
\\Jachen and I have been going outside a lot. The weather is amaaazing.
\\We hit up the beautiful Liechtenstein and Rapperswil.
\\I started a Society6 shop.
\\We brought the fan out of storage and I used it yesterday as I cleaned the apt. So nice to have a fan going.
\\We finally figured out that the shutters shut in one of our bedroom windows. I think we just thought we had tried it before, but we must not have. The other window in our room only lets us shut one side of the shutters. For the 3 months we have been living here we slept with the shutters open and a lot of light would come in from outside...but now with the shutters shut, we have a lot less light. It's pretty great.
\\Lots of cleaning. I am already a big cleaner, but I found new cleaning projects to up the cleanliness of this place. I feel like Switzerland is WAY more dusty than the States, but maybe that is my imagination?
\\I have been watching loads of Seinfeld...even more than normal. {Olivia, I am trying to answer your question as to which my favorite episodes are.}
\\We went and saw the Hunger Games, turns out it came out a day earlier here than in the states too bad we didn't realize this...I could have been the first to see it! Ha. I loved the movie and the way the book was portrayed. I was so anxious to see it that all day my stomach was turning. The movie has motivated me to reread the book as well as finish the last half of Mockingjay.
\\I wake up everyday at either 6am or 7am to start my day. We go to bed at either 9 or 10 and this system is great. Before I was married I was a 'go to bed as late as possible and wake up at whatever hour I needed to' person. But it's nice to have an actual schedule going...thanks to Jachen who needs all those hours of sleep. I sleep at night a lot better because I am up and out of bed so early it makes me ready and tired for bed in the evening. Imagine that!
\\We bought another external hard drive, one with 2TB for all our storage needs.
\\I am back to drinking LOTS of water each day.
\\I am so excited to see my dad in a couple weeks. He is coming for a few days on business so I get to see him for little bit of that not as much as I would like, but I am grateful for the little bit.
\\I look forward to General Conference this weekend, I can't believe it's already conference time. I can't believe it will be April at the end of this week. I can't believe almost a year ago I married Jachen.
\\I am not horrible at pronouncing German words. I almost always pronounce a word right. Okay, maybe I just pronounce the easy words right. There are some big time tricky words in German.
\\I just watched THIS video on traditional Swiss folk music. If you would like to hear another example of traditional swiss music, click here. Today, the upstairs neighbor has been listening to Swiss music.
\\In the middle of the night last night, after I had already fallen asleep a bit, I had this strange thought come to me that I was going to die in my sleep. It was freaky. Luckily it was not actuality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: