25 March 2012

|| Our Little Day Trip To Rapperswil ||

Here are some{but many} pictures I took throughout the day. What a great day it was. We woke up earlier than planned and decided to leave early...good thing too because we got there at a perfect time and got a great parking spot. We decided to stop at a bakery in town on the way out to get some croissants and a Berliner for breakfast. Healthy huh? The drive to Rapperswil takes an hour and we go through lots of mountains and backroads to get there. It's one of my favorite drives. It was a beautiful sunny day with a slight breeze. We walked around the city, enjoyed the castle, ate lunch on a bench overlooking Lake Zurich, feed some ducks, and then made our way to the circus tent. We made sure to walk past the zoo on the way so I could say hi to some zebras and giraffes. I wasn't allowed to take video or photographs of the circus. BUMMER. I should have anyway and if they caught me I could have just been like "I only speak English, I didn't hear the announcement." Ha, no no. I obeyed. However, I did snap a couple shots at the end, but it was kinda dark in the room so you can barely see the circus people. The show was pretty great. Jachen and I both agreed that good thing we didn't pay more than we did for it though. It was a lot smaller of a show then we thought. Great, great acts, but really small. Only a few groups had more than 3 people. Maybe that's normal, but it just seemed small. Small circus ring and not many people. The horses were stunning and the elephants so cute. Once, a big elephant army crawled under another elephant, it was pretty funny. Also, there were some amazing people preforming, it's amazing what strength some people have. We enjoyed the show and then made our way home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Below, inside the castle.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Below, inside the church that is next to the castle.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
There are so many cyclists in Switzerland, look how many bikes are parked at the Bahnhof.
Just a really big bunny. Sorry you can barely see the circus performers in that last picture.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A little video from our day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

said...

Switzerland is a dream of mine and I'm happy to see it through your blog! I love the video too

ga said...

This makes me miss Switzerland so much...I hope to go back one day soon!