03 July 2013

< New Albums Of 2013 >

 photo Untitled-1a_zpsa561681c.jpg Listen to Camera Obscura, here                                     Listen to Emma Louise, here
Two albums that came out recently that I am recommending to you. Camera Obscura's most recent album, Desire Lines, is a great new addition to your Camera Obscura collection...or to the start off your collection. This album fits in with their other albums perfectly, so if you like them...you will like this one. This album feels like the soundtrack to a 1960's Summer day laying in a field while looking up at the sky finding objects in the clouds. I love that sort of freshness that comes from Camera Obscura. I am not sure why their album cover is dreary and their new band photo is dark and moody...hmm...to me it doesn't quite fit their music.

Emma Louise's album, Vs Head Vs Heart, is beautiful. To me the album takes place in an edgy dreamworld. You may remember her from THIS post where I shared her song Jungle from her EP Full Hearts & Empty Rooms. Fantastic song.

Photo sources//here & here
>>>M

No comments: