25 May 2012

|| The Conversation ||

Photobucket 
How inspiring this was. I look forward to watching more of The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet. I really miss participating in really good conversation. I get it sometimes, but not as much as I would like or feel I need. I love hearing empowering and strong words and thoughts from other women. Women of all lifestyles and statuses can have such marvelous things to say. I felt very happy and motivated as a women after watching these conversations. This episode talks a lot about self. Knowing, understanding and listening to ourselves. About being strong women for ourselves and being happy with who we are and how we choose to live our lives.

What I really liked hearing from Miley Cyrus...
You can't change your past and you can't let your past stop you from having a great present and future. Enjoy being alone with yourself. Be your own person. To go inside your mind and think, "do I really think that". If you met yourself would you really like yourself. Being cool, too cool, is so dumb.

What I really liked hearing from Melissa McCarthy...
After you have kids there is only so much stuff you can worry about. You wish certain things were different, but all the important things are there and someday I will be better on my elliptical. Women are nuts about how they look. You can maintain your sanity by saying "you're crazy, that is not actually true" when others and even yourself put down how you look. There is this weird sense of perfection in the world and in movies and television. There is too much emphasis on "perfect" female characters, that is nothing to relate to. "No matter how bionic someone looks, if they are interesting, have a point of view and if they are doing something cool...that's so much more fascinating to me and I think to everybody." Not letting our daughters have the princess mindset, that life isn't a fairytale and to be happy however your life turns out.

What I really liked hearing from Diane von Furstenberg...
The most important relationship, is the relationship you have with yourself. You should never lose yourself. All women are strong, but not all women show it. "You have to accept yourself. Look at yourself critically, the good the bad. You have to be strict with yourself to some degree, but never you can lose yourself. Trouble really happens when you lose yourself." Fear is not an option. "Women should have children, absolutely, it's part of who we are. Our bodies are made to have children. We should have children. But I think it is very important that a women has a separate identity outside the family." You design your life everyday. Solitude is very important. Trust yourself and your intuition and instincts. "I did not know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to be. And that was an independent women."

What I really liked hearing from Glenda Bailey...
"Time is so precious. And when you love someone and you want to do the best for them, it's an investment which will come back many many times." "It is so important to know to listen to yourself. I think so often people get so side tracked with other peoples opinion and if you are really sure of a decision just don't get side tracked. Just focus and to yourself be true. At the end of the day we only have one life and it's up to you how you use yours." "Knowing when you are not good at something and knowing when you are good at something is an art form." Be fearless, be willing to lose everything. If you are true to yourself, what risk is there really. "The biggest mistakes I have ever made are when I've ignored what I know to be true in my heart."

Also at the end Glenda says, "Time has taught me to be patient and flexible. I have to realize that maybe it wasn't meant to be right now, but that doesn't mean it can't be next month or next year. And it's inevitable you get there in the end."

Watch this full episode, here.
Thanks Brittany from The Secret Life of B for introducing me to The Conversation.

  Photobucket

No comments: