22 December 2012

< Here In The Great NorthWest >

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We are here! It's just been only 2.5 days and we have already jam packed tons of fun and yummy food in. We have loved every second of it.

We woke up Thursday morning at 3:50 am got ready and left out the door before 5am. Took a train to the airport, flew to Frankfurt Germany...then flew straight to Seattle. Our flight to Frankfurt to Seattle was only 10 hrs which flew by. That is always a good thing. We planned on my dad picking us up at the airport because he was flying in that morning from California...but then we were also surprised by sister Stephanie, her husband Rob, their son Henry and also our nephew Xander{my sister Alicia's boy} at the airport! That was a really great surprise. After the airport we went straight to eat lunch at Dicks...my favorite burger place. It felt so weird yet so familiar to be back. A very weird feeling.

Jachen and I surprised my niece Leah at her bus stop...she is a first grader now!...when we moved she wasn't even in Kindergarten yet. Leah thought she would be seeing us later that night so was surprised to see us, it took her a second to realize who we were. The first thing she said was, "monica you look different" then later she told me I looked shorter...thanks Leah. We hung out with family that evening then later that night my mom and I hit up Walmart. Walmart was really overwhelming...shopping in the USA is a very very different experience than Switzerland. I miss having so many options and variety. On Friday Jachen and I were out of bed by 6am, ha. Later that morning we hit up Target....dropped several hundred there. Had Bahn Mi sandwiches for lunch, hung out with family, babysit my nephew Xander and niece, then later for dinner my parents took Jachen and I out to dinner for yummy Thai food.

Today, Sat, family is coming over later to make gingerbread houses! Can't wait.
>>>M


No comments: